Thursday, May 19, 2011

First Post

Welcome to the blog!

I’ve started a bit late so there’ll be some catch-up, but basically this is where I’ll be sharing stories and pictures from my work this summer. I’m working for the Actua Outreach program delivering science workshops and camps to remote access communities in Northern Canada. Actua is a national organization which promotes science, engineering and technology to youth across the country through interactive school workshops, summer camps, and community outreach. I’ll be three weeks in the North West Territories, three weeks off in Ontario, a week of training in Ottawa, then 6-7 weeks of camp.

Some notes:

1) 1) If you have any questions, or anything in particular you’d like me to talk about or post a picture of, please ask! It’s easier for me to write posts if I know what you want to read

2) 2) I will be working with kids over the summer, BUT, there will be no pictures of kids, and I won’t be answering questions or talking about specific campers/students.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment